THE ROOF DOCTOR
Servicing Plettenberg Bay and Knysna
Many homeowners do DIY roof maintenance to save money. However, you need to consider whether you can check the roof thoroughly, or if you need a professional to spot any damage. If you DIY roof repairs and don’t do it correctly, you might end up damaging the roof, choosing incompatible roofing materials, and end up spending more in the long run.
Roofing advice from The Roof Doctor on Mix93.8fm
The Roof Doctor was recently interviewed on Mix Fm by Graham Alexander from Buildaid.
The interview is about 10 minutes long, but I guarantee you will get some good advice about choosing a roofing contractor, what to do when purchasing a new house.
No one likes spending money on roof repairs, but your roof protects all your possessions.
Let the professionals come through to check
It won’t cost you a cent. Free assessments and quotes.
Send us a message and we will get back to you ASAP!
Hiring roofing professionals ensures your roof’s conditions are properly assessed for things like flashing damage (the covering in gaps of chimneys, skylights, valleys, and vents), surface wear, ridge and hip integrity, and overall degradation. ( missing mortar, damaged underlay etc )
- A comprehensive quote, detailing what parts of your roof need repair.
- Fast and affordable roof repair should it be needed.
- Full roof replacements if required
- We don’t seal on top of the tiles, slate etc, with DIY products that can be purchased in any hardware store, as it is against the manufacturer’s specifications, is a temporary solution, that requires regular maintenance, and doesn’t address the underlying cause of the leaks.
- As part of The Professional Roof Repair and Waterproofing Association, you will have piece of mind, knowing that the repairs are carried out according to the manufacturer’s specifications, guaranteeing you of a long term solution.
Homeowners know roof repairs can cost a lot of money, depending on the severity of the damage. However, the main concern about DIY roof maintenance and repairs is safety. It is a dangerous undertaking, because it involves going up to your roof without the proper equipment and without the proper knowledge to complete the work.
- Cost savings compared to hiring a roofing professional
- You can repair immediately without scheduling with contractors
- Roofing materials can cost more if you’re buying in retail than contractors who buy in bulk.
- You do the repairs alone without help or assistance from a professional.
- You lack the professional tools and equipment to do a quality job.
- You lack the safety gear required when working on your roof.
- It will take up a lot of your time, especially if you have a full-time job or a business to run.